“I think the best reason for considering the M.S.W. at CSUSB is the core education on social work practice…” Read more from Dr. Teresa Morris's interview
The online MSW program uses a cohort model of instruction where students proceed together as a group through the program. In addition, the majority of classes use asynchronous instruction, meaning students are not required to login at specific times to attend lectures. However, students may be required to meet in real-time for some classes and lectures.
Cal State San Bernardino’s online MSW program does require students to attend three two-day on-campus orientations, one in each year of the program. These orientations give students an opportunity to interact with professors and fellow classmates face-to-face and may be a good option for students who want to feel more connected to the university and campus.
CSUSB is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
California State University, San Bernardino Online MSW Program: Overview
Degree Types: Traditional Standing Only
Concentrations: Advanced Generalist with Specializations
Program Structure: Online with field education (note: students must visit the campus three times during the program in August of each year for a 2 to 3 day orientation)
Instruction Methods: Program follows a cohort model with the majority of classes using asynchronous instruction – students may be required to meet in real-time (synchronous instruction) for some class meetings
Disclaimers: Please contact the Program Coordinator to determine if the program is available for your state of residence.
Program Information – Traditional Standing Students
- Program Name: Pathway M.S.W. Distance Education Program
- Phone Number: (909) 537-5501
- Field Education Requirements: 1,080 hours (two internships)
- Number of Credits Required: 90 quarter credit hours
- Program Options: Part-Time Only (*Students are required to complete field education during daytime hours)
- Program Length: Part-Time program that takes three years to complete
- Program Start Dates: Fall admission only
- GPA: Minimum GPA of 3.0 (students with a minimum GPA of 2.8 may be considered if application is sufficiently strong)
- GRE Information: Not Required (but recommended if GPA is between 2.8 and 3.0)
Work Experience: Program requires at least one year of volunteer, internship or paid work experience in the social work field.